Controversy between two groups of Namdharis refuses to die down as on Friday the group supporting Thakur Dilip Singh started a chain hunger strike outside mini-secretariat which would continue for five days for the time being. On day one, Namdhari supporter from UP Harvinder Singh and his wife sat on the hunger strike.
Devotees from across the state, Uttar Pradesh and Haryana have come here to lodge their protest. The devotees stated that the Namdhari group of Bhaini Sahib headed by Udhay Singh, who is now the Satguru of Namdhari sect, does not allow Thakur Dilip Singh, his mother and all devotees who support him to enter the gurdwaras and dharmashalas being controlled by the Bhaini Sahib group.
The dharna was held under the banner of Namdhari Panthak Ekta Action Committee which had also met Police Commissioner Parmod Ban a few days back and given him a memorandum.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
Action committee president Darshan Singh stated that they only want to go in all the gurdwaras and pray as place of worship is common for all, but the same was not being done.
After the death of Satguru Jagjit Singh, tension had started regarding announcement of successor, though Thakur Uday Singh was made the Satguru. But the group supporting Thakur Dilip Singh, the elder brother of Uday Singh, stated that the latter should have been a successor.
Since then, there have been two groups and clashes have happened between devotees of both groups a number of times at various places.
Now the action committee has asked the police commissioner to resolve this issue or their hunger strike will continue.