Controversy between two groups of Namdharis refuses to die down as on Friday the group supporting Thakur Dilip Singh started a chain hunger strike outside mini-secretariat which would continue for five days for the time being. On day one, Namdhari supporter from UP Harvinder Singh and his wife sat on the hunger strike.
Devotees from across the state, Uttar Pradesh and Haryana have come here to lodge their protest. The devotees stated that the Namdhari group of Bhaini Sahib headed by Udhay Singh, who is now the Satguru of Namdhari sect, does not allow Thakur Dilip Singh, his mother and all devotees who support him to enter the gurdwaras and dharmashalas being controlled by the Bhaini Sahib group.
The dharna was held under the banner of Namdhari Panthak Ekta Action Committee which had also met Police Commissioner Parmod Ban a few days back and given him a memorandum.
Action committee president Darshan Singh stated that they only want to go in all the gurdwaras and pray as place of worship is common for all, but the same was not being done.
After the death of Satguru Jagjit Singh, tension had started regarding announcement of successor, though Thakur Uday Singh was made the Satguru. But the group supporting Thakur Dilip Singh, the elder brother of Uday Singh, stated that the latter should have been a successor.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
Since then, there have been two groups and clashes have happened between devotees of both groups a number of times at various places.
Now the action committee has asked the police commissioner to resolve this issue or their hunger strike will continue.