A musical night, ‘Jashn-e-Sahir- Ek shaam Sahir aur Mukesh ke naam’, was organised at Guru Nanak Dev Bhawan on Saturday night. Famous singer Nitin Mukesh, son of legendary singer Mukesh, remembered Sahir Ludhianvi and his father through their popular numbers.
The night was organised by Nehru Sidhant Kender Trust. MP Manish Tewari and Deputy Commissioner Rajat Aggarwal were the guests of honour. Nitin sung the popular numbers written by poet and lyricist Sahir Ludhianvi.
The audience was mesmerised with old melodies like ‘Ikk din bik jayega maati ke mol’, ‘yeh mera deewanapan hai’, ‘kabhi kabhi mere dil mein khyaal aata hai’, ‘zindagi ki na toote ladi’ and ‘hum uss des ke waasi hain, jis des mein ganga behti hai’.
While talking to the media, Nitin said, “Coming to Ludhiana and not buying woollens is not happening. So I did shopping for myself and my whole band.” He also appreciated the spirit of the city to remember Sahir Ludhianvi and Mukesh by organising this night.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest