A musical night, ‘Jashn-e-Sahir- Ek shaam Sahir aur Mukesh ke naam’, was organised at Guru Nanak Dev Bhawan on Saturday night. Famous singer Nitin Mukesh, son of legendary singer Mukesh, remembered Sahir Ludhianvi and his father through their popular numbers.
The night was organised by Nehru Sidhant Kender Trust. MP Manish Tewari and Deputy Commissioner Rajat Aggarwal were the guests of honour. Nitin sung the popular numbers written by poet and lyricist Sahir Ludhianvi.
The audience was mesmerised with old melodies like ‘Ikk din bik jayega maati ke mol’, ‘yeh mera deewanapan hai’, ‘kabhi kabhi mere dil mein khyaal aata hai’, ‘zindagi ki na toote ladi’ and ‘hum uss des ke waasi hain, jis des mein ganga behti hai’.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
While talking to the media, Nitin said, “Coming to Ludhiana and not buying woollens is not happening. So I did shopping for myself and my whole band.” He also appreciated the spirit of the city to remember Sahir Ludhianvi and Mukesh by organising this night.