The murder case of four-year-old Manpreet Kaur took a shocking turn on Monday when the investigations revealed that accused Manoj Kumar kidnapped and murdered the girl with the help of Sunita,mother of the child.
Both the accused have confessed to the crime.
The police officers were shocked when Manoj,the main accused,confessed that he committed the crime in connivance with the victims mother.
She admitted that she abducted and killed her own daughter to extort Rs 5 lakh from her husband Gurpreet Singh. Both were arrested by the police.
Additional Deputy Commissioner of Police (ADCP) city-1 Nilambari Jagdale said Manoj,a resident of Kishan Gunj of Bihar,had illicit relations with Sunita when he lived as a tenant in their Amarpura area.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
Gurpreet Singh,husband of Sunita,threw Manoj out of the house and also shifted from Amarpura to Jagatpuri.
Police said that Sunita had already told about her affair to Gurpreet and demanded Rs 5 lakh for leaving him but he refused to give money.
On November 23,Manoj Kumar took the child and made a ransom call to Gurpreet Singh who in turn called the police, said the ADCP.
The accused drowned the child in a tubewell and dumped the body in a vacant plot which was found on late Sunday evening by the police.
Gurpreet married Sunita five years ago and Manpreet was born. Earlier,Sunita had three marriages and she divorced all three husbands.
Sunita was aware that Gurpreet loves his daughter a lot and thus will give money. But he informed the police and they killed the girl, said the ADCP.