First heavy rainfall this monsoon not only played havoc in the city but also caused erratic power supply which is still having its after-effects. In Focal Point phase 8, the 66-kva sub-station was flooded because of heavy rainfall on Monday morning because of which the sub-station had to be switched off at 6 am. There was no power supply till the time of filing this report even on Tuesday.
And this has not happened for the first time. Industrialists stated that it was for the third time that the sub-station had been flooded and every time industrialists had to remain without power till the situation normalised.
Chief engineer, Punjab State Power Corporation Limited, Rachpal Singh said, “The level of roads outside the sub-station is getting higher after re-metalling every year. Therefore, because of level difference, flooding is happening. Our experts are on the job and we have saved all our equipment. We are likely to operate it soon.”
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
- Hillary Clinton accuses Donald Trump of being Vladimir Putin’s ‘puppet’
- Senior UP Congress Leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Missing JNU Student: VC Gives Ultimatum To Students Over ‘Illegal Confinement’
- US Presidential Debate: Donald Trump Calls Hillary Clinton ‘A Nasty Woman’
- Hasselblad True Zoom Mod Review
- Honor 8 First Look Video
- Apple Watch 2: Review, Price And Features
- Delhi HC Dismisses Kejriwal’s Plea For Stay In Criminal Defamation Case
- Gulzar Shares An Interesting Anecdote Behind The Lyrics of ‘Humne Dekhi Hai’ Song
- Diya Mirza Displays Her Painting Skills At An Art Festival In Mumbai
Gurmeet Singh Kular, chairman of Federation of Industrial and Commercial Organisation, said, “The corporation is adding layers of bitumen over the previous one every year instead of removing the old layer and later re-constructing it, so that the level of road does not increase. But the contractors are making quick bucks by not following the rules while we industrialists are suffering. In the last monsoon, power remained off for four days in phase 8 because of flooding and today it is second day once again. More than 400 units are located in this phase. Either they are not operating or are running on generators only. A solid solution needs to be found as monsoon is to last till mid-September.”
The industrialists suggested that the sub-station should install pumps inside so as to drain out accumulated water immediately.