First heavy rainfall this monsoon not only played havoc in the city but also caused erratic power supply which is still having its after-effects. In Focal Point phase 8, the 66-kva sub-station was flooded because of heavy rainfall on Monday morning because of which the sub-station had to be switched off at 6 am. There was no power supply till the time of filing this report even on Tuesday.
And this has not happened for the first time. Industrialists stated that it was for the third time that the sub-station had been flooded and every time industrialists had to remain without power till the situation normalised.
Chief engineer, Punjab State Power Corporation Limited, Rachpal Singh said, “The level of roads outside the sub-station is getting higher after re-metalling every year. Therefore, because of level difference, flooding is happening. Our experts are on the job and we have saved all our equipment. We are likely to operate it soon.”
Gurmeet Singh Kular, chairman of Federation of Industrial and Commercial Organisation, said, “The corporation is adding layers of bitumen over the previous one every year instead of removing the old layer and later re-constructing it, so that the level of road does not increase. But the contractors are making quick bucks by not following the rules while we industrialists are suffering. In the last monsoon, power remained off for four days in phase 8 because of flooding and today it is second day once again. More than 400 units are located in this phase. Either they are not operating or are running on generators only. A solid solution needs to be found as monsoon is to last till mid-September.”
The industrialists suggested that the sub-station should install pumps inside so as to drain out accumulated water immediately.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More