Taking action against a picture posted on social networking site Facebook by Shiv Sena Mohali president Amit Sharma,Ludhiana police on Saturday registered a case against him.
The case was registered under Section 66 (a) of the Information Technology Act and sections 295 (a) and 298 of the IPC at division number 1 police station following the statement of Manpreet Singh Bunty,president of Akal Market,and members of other Sikh organisations.
In his complaint,Bunty alleged that Amit Sharma had posted a derogatory picture of Sri Guru Gobind Singh on Facebook and had written derogatory remarks on it.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Inspector Surinder Mohan,SHO at police station division number 1 said,the case had been registered following an inquiry conducted by ACP (north) J Elanchezhian.
In another case,Dugri police registered a case against Sukhmail of Manewal village of Ludhiana. The case has been registered following the statement of Dharampal Insan of Urban Estate of Dugri. A follower of Dera Sachha Sauda,Dharampal alleged that the accused uploaded a fake picture of Dera chief Gurmeet Ram Rahim on facebook.