The case was registered under Section 66 (a) of the Information Technology Act and sections 295 (a) and 298 of the IPC at division number 1 police station following the statement of Manpreet Singh Bunty,president of Akal Market,and members of other Sikh organisations.
In his complaint,Bunty alleged that Amit Sharma had posted a derogatory picture of Sri Guru Gobind Singh on Facebook and had written derogatory remarks on it.
Inspector Surinder Mohan,SHO at police station division number 1 said,the case had been registered following an inquiry conducted by ACP (north) J Elanchezhian.
In another case,Dugri police registered a case against Sukhmail of Manewal village of Ludhiana. The case has been registered following the statement of Dharampal Insan of Urban Estate of Dugri. A follower of Dera Sachha Sauda,Dharampal alleged that the accused uploaded a fake picture of Dera chief Gurmeet Ram Rahim on facebook.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More