Citing police inaction over a week-long case of sexual harassment and beating of six persons in Model Town Extension, an NGO has taken up the cause for the people of the area and has warned the police of a peaceful protest if no action is taken in 48 hours.
The incident took place on January 25 when Harmanpreet Singh, chief manager of Indusind Bank, was going on a two-wheeler along with his wife to his in-laws place at the back side of Baba Deep Singh Gurdwara. A swift car was standing in the narrow lane from which the couple was passing, resulting in traffic blockade.
When Singh objected, the owner of the car, along with his friends, misbehaved with the couple and even started beating them up, they complained. Singh’s in-laws, who came to rescue them, were also beaten up by the youths, and the women of the family were allegedly harassed, they complained.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls