Jail Minister Sohan Singh Thandal on Tuesday afternoon visited the Ludhiana Central Jail where he greeted the Muslim prisoners with sweets and wished them Eid Mubarak.
The minister also inspected the jail factory where he announced that bakery and namkeen making unit would be expanded so that products could be provided in other jails as well.
The minister stated that he would take up the matter with the government regarding installation of CT scan, MRI machines at the Civil Hospital, Ludhiana, as prisoners need many investigations. This would benefit general patients as well, said the minister.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
Later, the prisoners put their complaints before the minister.