Two days before Chief minister Parkash Singh Badal’s scheduled visit to the area to lay the foundation stone of a hospital, Ludhiana Municipal Corporation woke up and removed encroachments from Chandigarh road and Tajpur road in Zone B.
On February 1, the Chief Minister will visit the area to lay foundation stone of a hospital. On Wednesday the building branch team and tehbazaari team led a joint operation. More than 40 slums, temporary shops and other encroachments were removed.
Rajiv Saggar, building branch inspector said, “More than 40 jhuggis and shops have been removed which were made illegally.
We also demolished some concrete encroachments to clear the area.”
Meanwhile, a shop was sealed on Hambran Road Dhobi Ghat as the owner failed to pay house tax despite repeated warnings. J S Sekhon, superintendent Zone D said, “We went there to seal five shops but the other four agreed to pay tax.”
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More