SAD and BJP leaders held a meeting on Wednesday afternoon regarding ticket distribution for the sixth municipal council election.
Cabinet ministers Tota Singh and Chunni Lal Bhagat along with SAD local MLAs and constituency in-charges attended. The election will be as per the seat-sharing formula and candidates will be announced by the constituency in-charges or area MLAs.
- Gujarat Assembly Elections 2017: BJP releases candidate lists, Vijay Rupani to contest from Rajkot West
- BJP to distribute ‘report cards’ on its development works, hold workers’ meets ahead of urban local body polls
- Himachal Pradesh elections 2017: Congress has fathers & sons, BJP has twice as many first-timers
- Congress wins Gurdaspur bypoll: SAD lost more ground than BJP
- BJP may go solo for Meghalaya polls
- Gurdaspur bypoll: SAD, BJP asks Election Commission to shift cops in constituency
Two days are left for filing nomination papers and all seats were cleared Wednesday. Sitting councillors have been given tickets on first perference, sources said.