SAD and BJP leaders held a meeting on Wednesday afternoon regarding ticket distribution for the sixth municipal council election.
Cabinet ministers Tota Singh and Chunni Lal Bhagat along with SAD local MLAs and constituency in-charges attended. The election will be as per the seat-sharing formula and candidates will be announced by the constituency in-charges or area MLAs.
- Punjab election results 2017: Three of 4 Badals win, ministers fare poorly
- In Punjab, how Congress is holding on, AAP is losing face, and the BJP is facing a rout
- Old and new faces, turncoats figure in SAD’s first list of 69
- MC polls: BJP holds meet to motivate workers
- Kalia camp ignored after Lals appointment
- BJP declares candidate list for UP,U'khand,Punjab polls
Two days are left for filing nomination papers and all seats were cleared Wednesday. Sitting councillors have been given tickets on first perference, sources said.