The weekly sangat darshan of MC Commissioner Pradip Aggarwal turned into a battleground after councillors alleged that they were abused by him on Tuesday.
The issue started over the patchwork of some roads and illegal fish markets for which councillors went to complain during the sangat darshan.
However, it is not clear if councillors are allowed to come as general public and lodge complaints during the sangat darshan.
The commissioner reportedly asked the councillors, including husbands of some of them, to first take token numbers and then lodge their complaints as was the norm for the common man. But it turned into a heated argument as the councillors alleged that “action is never taken on their complaints”.
“The commissioner said councillors can meet him personally for problems in their areas and let people come forward during sangat darshan after which councillors started yelling,” said an eyewitness.
Krishan Kharbanda, husband of Anita Kharbanda, councillor from ward no. 32, alleged, “I was accompanied by other Independent councillors, including Ajay Nayyar, Gurpreet Khurana, Raghbir Singh, Jaswinder Singh Jassa and Hansraj. We went to the sangat darshan as common people to lodge our complaints as we are people’s representatives.”
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
He added, “The commissioner refused to listen to our complaints and ordered the police to take us out. He also used abusive language. Such type of behaviour from a person sitting in the commissioner’s chair is not acceptable.” Later, the councillors also staged a protest outside the MC headquarters.
However, the commissioner denied the allegations. “They spoiled the whole atmosphere of the sangat darshan which is meant for the general public. I never refused to listen to their complaints but there is a system, and we have to go by that.”