Broken roads with big potholes are a common scene in Ludhiana these days and the condition has gone from bad to worse after few rainfalls in the winters. With elections in mind, Mayor H S Gohalwaria on Wednesday said that they will carry out patch work of all the broken roads and re-metalling of nine main roads of the city.
The repair work has just started in few of the city areas and the re-metalling works had already been approved before the implementation of model code of conduct.
When asked about the pot holes appearing just after 2-3 rain showers in the city, the Mayor blamed the contractors for the poor quality of the work. “We have made the rules more strict now. We have made it mandatory to use only ISI-approved tiles for making footpath.”
In addition to this, the Mayor said that quality certification has been made mandatory for RCC roads as well.
In its budget for 2014-15, the municipal corporation has earmarked Rs 101.15 crore for making new roads and Rs 75.5 lakh for maintenance of roads.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched