After assuring the party workers to come back to Ludhiana for contesting elections, sitting MP Manish Tewari once again back tracked as he called up district congress President today morning to say that the tomorrow’s road show in his welcome should be postponed for the time being. Meanwhile 2 days back office bearers in large numbers had gone to Delhi to convince him that he should contest from Ludhiana apart from asking about his health. They had also distributed sweets later saying that Manish was finally ready to contest, who though was reluctant earlier.
However today morning, Pawan Dewan- district congress committee President said,” Manishji called today morning and asked regarding postponement of the programme. So we have done the same.” When asked as whether a new candidate will contest from Ludhiana, he said,” I am not sure about this as of now.” Sources however revealed that party high command was upset regarding frequent change of mind by the sitting Ludhiana MP and in election days, he was sitting in Delhi for the past one month.
Meanwhile the party workers had planned a road show which was to start from Chandigarh road tomorrow morning apart from an election rally in the city area. Banners and hoardings were being prepared. However when the progrrame was postpone, the workers never went to the pick the print material from the printing houses.
Meanwhile local leaders Parminder Mehta, Amarjeet Singh Tikka and KK Bawa said, “Manish Tewari was among us for the past 10 years, so he is our only choice at the moment and in case party is having any plan to change the candidate, they should find a local face, rather than sending a parachute candidate.”
The trio added,” Ludhiana Congress is strong enough and in case party high command has any hitch in fielding Tewari, they must consider the local Senior Congress leaders.” Meanwhile frequent change in progrrames of Tewari has become a matter of laugh among rival parties SAD-BJP and they are saying that Tewari was too frightened to face their candidate Manpreet Ayali and hence was not even daring to step in Ludhiana.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016