After assuring the party workers to come back to Ludhiana for contesting elections, sitting MP Manish Tewari once again back tracked as he called up district congress President today morning to say that the tomorrow’s road show in his welcome should be postponed for the time being. Meanwhile 2 days back office bearers in large numbers had gone to Delhi to convince him that he should contest from Ludhiana apart from asking about his health. They had also distributed sweets later saying that Manish was finally ready to contest, who though was reluctant earlier.
However today morning, Pawan Dewan- district congress committee President said,” Manishji called today morning and asked regarding postponement of the programme. So we have done the same.” When asked as whether a new candidate will contest from Ludhiana, he said,” I am not sure about this as of now.” Sources however revealed that party high command was upset regarding frequent change of mind by the sitting Ludhiana MP and in election days, he was sitting in Delhi for the past one month.
Meanwhile the party workers had planned a road show which was to start from Chandigarh road tomorrow morning apart from an election rally in the city area. Banners and hoardings were being prepared. However when the progrrame was postpone, the workers never went to the pick the print material from the printing houses.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
Meanwhile local leaders Parminder Mehta, Amarjeet Singh Tikka and KK Bawa said, “Manish Tewari was among us for the past 10 years, so he is our only choice at the moment and in case party is having any plan to change the candidate, they should find a local face, rather than sending a parachute candidate.”
The trio added,” Ludhiana Congress is strong enough and in case party high command has any hitch in fielding Tewari, they must consider the local Senior Congress leaders.” Meanwhile frequent change in progrrames of Tewari has become a matter of laugh among rival parties SAD-BJP and they are saying that Tewari was too frightened to face their candidate Manpreet Ayali and hence was not even daring to step in Ludhiana.