A 32-year-old man was arrested for murdering his wife and hiding the body in the bed box at their residence in Punjabi Bagh Colony at Tibba road.
The police said that the murder occurred on Friday and since then the accused had been staying in the same room, where he had hidden the body, with two kids — six-year-old daughter and four-year-old son.
The accused, a labourer at a factory in Dhandhari Kalan area, suspected that his wife, Meenu, 30, had an affair. It was only on Sunday when foul smell engulfed the house, the accused himself told neighbours that he had killed his wife and dumped the body into the bed box.
Basti Jodhewal police reached the spot and arrested the accused. The police recovered the body from the bed box following the statement of the accused.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
The police registered a case under sections 302 (murder) and 201 (causing disappearance of evidence of offence) of the IPC.
Inspector Randhir Singh, SHO at police station Basti Jodhewal, said the accused, a drunkard, confessed his crime. He murdered his wife after heated arguments using kitchen pan as a weapon.