Kulwinder Singh, a resident of Guru Gobind Singh Nagar, committed suicide after being allegedly harassed by his wife, mother-in-law and brother-in-law.
The Daba police registered a case of abetment to suicide against his wife, mother-in-law and brother-in-law following the statement of his father Paramjit Singh.
In his complaint, Paramjit said that his son was married to Gurpreet Kaur alias Priti around seven years ago and they had two children. On July 18, the couple had a fight and Priti asked for divorce.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Paramjit added that on July 22, Kulwinder went to his in-laws’ house to bring back Priti but she refused to return. On July 25, they had filed a missing complaint at Daba police station. On July 27, Kulwinder’s body was recovered from the canal near Bharowal Power Plant. Paramjit alleged that it was after harassment by mother-in-law Ranjit Kaur and brother-in-law Narinder Singh that his son ended life.
Sub-Inspector Kamal Dutt said that arrest would be made after an investigation in the case.