As many as 33,483 students from Ludhiana district passed class X examination as per results declared by the Punjab School Education Board (PSEB) on Monday.
While this year too Ludhiana topped the state with 64 merit ranks, the number was actually reduced to half. Last year, 126 students from the district had got merit ranks.
The district saw a passing percentage of 72.67% and a total of 46,074 students appeared for exams.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Sangrur district, which got 43 merit ranks, follows Ludhiana while one merit rank was registered from Kapurthala district.
It was a red letter day for the students and staff of R S Model Senior Secondary School, Shastri Nagar, which has not produced a class X topper in the last 40 years.
However, this year, the school not only got the maximum merit positions — 18 — and topped the state, the first three rank-holders in Punjab were also from R S Model School.
Talking to Newsline, principal M L Kalra said, “For 40 years, I have been heading the school. We produced class XII toppers and got merit ranks in class X also but this day was yet to come. Today after 40 long years, school has finally achieved the goal. Now, whenever I retire, it will be with inner peace and satisfaction.”
Nankana Sahib Model High School, Janta Nagar, got 11 merit ranks in the state.