The Ludhiana police on Thursday claimed to have solved the murder case of a Dera Sachcha Sauda follower, Gurdev Singh, 70, who was attacked on October 5, with the arrest of two kabaddi players.
The police claimed that the accused, identified as Sukhmeet Singh, 25 and Sarbjit Singh alias Soni, were in an inebriated condition when they attacked Gurdev Singh. Both the accused are from Sahnewal.
Sukhmeet Singh is pursuing his MA from Arya College, Ludhiana, while Sarbjit Singh is a Lower Division Clerk in Punjab State Power Corporation Limited (PSPCL). The third accused, Varinder Singh, is absconding.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
The trio play professional kabaddi. Inspector Harpal Singh, incharge at CIA staff-1, said the accused were arrested from Sahnewal area following a tip-off.
Police said the accused told them that they went to the shop of the victim at Bhama Kalan village on October 5 in an inebriated state.
They reportedly asked for a bottle of aloe vera gel from him but Gurdev Singh objected and chided them for drinking.
In a fit of rage, the accused stabbed him with sharp weapon and fled, added police. Gurdev Singh was rushed to hospital where he succumbed to injuries on October 6.