Liquor contractor Charanjeet Bajaj has alleged high-handedness and said he will be moving the Punjab and Haryana High Court against the state Excise and Taxation Department.
On Wednesday, Bajaj had alleged that his 18 liquor vends had been closed down by the department on the first day of the new financial year with a plea of non-approval of maps of vends. He said that he was being forced to be part of liquor syndicate and when he denied, this action was taken.
- Punjab and Haryana HC notice to Admin on plea challenging location
- High Court seeks report on illegal liquor vend at Dhanas
- Liquor sale along highways: High Court seeks response from Punjab, Haryana
- FIR filed against one former, two serving excise officials
- Punjab: BJP wants govt to change liquor vend timings
- Moga liquor trade hots up: Akalis vs Cong
However, deputy excise and taxation commissioner Amrit Kaur Gill, when contacted, said, “We had closed many other vends as well, apart from his company. We have nothing to do with the liquor syndicate. We need to get the quota of previous year liquor stock before starting the new near. This is a normal process. Now we are in the process of opening all vends as per the availability of information needed.”