A leopard injured four people in a residential colony,Eldeco Estates,near Jalandhar bypass on Monday. While the forest officials were unable to spot the leopard till the filing of this report,the search operation led by district forest officer (DFO) Daljit Singh Brar was on in Kadian forests near Tiger Safari.
Charanjit Singh,the contractor of Tiger Safari,told Newsline that till now no orders had been received to close Tiger Safari as a precautionary measure.
On Monday afternoon,the leopard entered the residential area near Malhotra Resorts opposite Tiger Safari and injured 10-year-old Pawan Kumar,attacking him with his claws.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
However,the child is now out of danger. Asha,mother of the child who works as a maid in nearby houses,told Newsline,It came and attacked my child. After attacking with claws,it left.
The leopard also attacked Asha,leaving slight scratches with its claw.
While Pawan was injured in a farm house,two others Radhey Lal,20,and Monu in his 30s were attacked in Eldeco Estates. Both were taken to Aman Hospital and B L Kapur Hospital respectively and are out of danger.
Talking to Newsline,DFO Brar said it could be the same leopard which was spotted in Kadian on November 11 last year but forest officials failed to catch it. Tiger Safari remained closed for more than 20 days at that time but it was not caught.
My team of 20-25 forest guards and others are searching for the leopard but it has not been spotted till now. We have searched Tiger Safari and also the estate where it was seen in the morning but nothing has been found, said Brar.
Till filing of the report,leopard was again spotted near Eldeco Estates.
Before that too,a leopard was seen in Mattewara area but is yet to be found.
However,a leopard which entered an under-construction building at Sangowal village in May this year was caught after it injured two people. Leopards in past months also entered urban areas of Sangrur,Hoshiarpur,Zirakpur and Garshankar but all of them were captured.