Following the successful testing of 101 LED lights on Chhoti Jawaddi road, near Shaheed Karnail Singh Nagar for around two months and comparison of electricity bills of sodium bulbs and LED lights, Ludhiana Municipal Corporation is going to install LED lights at 13,000 light points across the city.
The pilot project is being carried out by Energy Efficiency Services Limited, New Delhi, a consultancy firm in associated with
Ministry of Power, Government of India which will now prepare a detailed project report.
MC installed LED lights of 30 watts and 60 watts each in place of sodium bulbs of 70 watts and 150 watts on Chhoti Jawaddi road and after a 45-day study it has found that the LED lights were ‘satisfactory’. MC also reached the conclusion that LED lights save 47-50 per cent of street light power bills.
Talking to Newsline, S P Singh, additional commissioner (technical-lights and computers) said, “Before going ahead with the pilot project, we wanted to go for trials and EESL installed 101 LED lights on Jawaddi road. EESL will now prepare DPR for 13,000 points. We will request EESL to prepare a DPR free of cost for us.”
The project will cost around Rs 10 crore. An LED bulb of 30 and 60 watt will cost Rs 5,000 and 8,000 respectively, added Singh.
MC is yet to release payment of Rs 6.07 lakh for 101 LED lights installed by EESL, which was passed in the Finance and Contractual Committee meeting held last month. MC is also going to include in the tender that the power bills of 13,000 points will also be paid by the successful bidder.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More