Traffic moved at snail’s pace on Saturday as AAP chief Arvind Kejriwal visited the city. As Kejriwal’s cavalcade of hundreds of cars and motorbikes moved through congested city streets, residents had to battle long traffic jams on Ferozepur road, Jalandhar Bypass, near Dana Mandi, Jodhewal Basti, Fountain Chowk and other areas.
Apart from Kejriwal’s show, Nagar Kirtan procession to mark festival of Baisakhi was taken out which further choked traffic on route from Field Ganj to Chaura Bazaar.
At Dana Mandi, from where Kejriwal started his road show, pick pockets had a field day as many AAP supporters claimed that their wallets are missing.
A supporter Rakesh Karir, resident of Chander Nagar told Newsline, “I came here to get a glimpse of Kejriwal. As I approached towards his jeep, someone from behind stole my wallet. It had Rs 2,000 cash, ATM cards and other IDs.”
Another incident took place when two miscreants sporting AAP badges, scarf, caps and flags in hand tried to pick pocket another AAP supporter. However, the victim caught them red-handed.
Meanwhile, hundreds of Kejriwal supporters came out on the roads to catch his glimpse but had a harrowing day as he arrived late by an hour. Also AAP made it clear at Jalandhar bypass that they ‘have not arranged drinking water for anyone and those who are thirsty should bring their own bottles.’
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
While the deputy commissioner’s office permitted 11 cars for Kejriwal’s road show, hundreds of vehicles including bikes, trucks, trollies, tempos, cars etc followed him. While heavy rush was seen at Basti Jodhewal, Samrala Chowk and Jalandhar bypass for his welcome, it was comparatively less in urban and posh areas such as Sarabha Nagar, Bharat Nagar Chowk etc. Following the slap incident, Kejriwal was in full security cover despite claims of the party denying police protection.
Meanwhile, members of Action Against Corruption showed black flags to Kejriwal. Chandrakant Chaddha, from AAC said, “We were in his support earlier as he too is fighting against corruption but we are hurt by his statement that he has only resigned from the CM’s post and not eloped with someone’s daughter. We demand an apology from him and we will continue our protest.”