The cast and crew of upcoming Punjabi movie Kaum De Heere, based on biographical account of the true incidents of 1984 riots, was in the city on Sunday.
According to producer Satish Katyal, the film highlights the pain of 1984 Sikh riots and is based on biographical accounts of Satwant Singh and Beant Singh.
“Based on true events, as per the findings of Justice Thakkar Commission, the movie does not aim to create any controversy. Our only aim is to tell the audience the actual chain of events. We cannot change history, but we can learn lessons from it for a safer future,” said Katyal.
Punjabi lyricist and singer-turned-actor Raj Kakra, who plays the role of Beant Singh, model-turned-actor Sukhdeep Sukh, who plays the role of Satwant Singh, Sardar Sohi and Isha Sharma were also present.
Katyal added that the movie was an outcome of thorough research of legal records, published books and other material available in public domain. “There is nothing fictitious in it,” he added.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
The direction, story, screenplay and dialogues are by Ravinder Ravi.