The Indian School Certificate (ISC) board announced the Class XII results on Saturday. Toppers list from various streams was dominated by all-rounders.
Breaking the trend, the toppers said that they never studied 24×7 and had a balanced time-tables. Topper’s percentage also broke last year’s record. In 2013, 94% was the highest in non-medical stream and 91.5% and 86% were the highest in commerce and medical respectively.
Riddhima Karwa, a student of non-medical from Sat Paul Mittal School, Urban Estate topped city with 96.25%. Karwa is also a table tennis player and aims for pursuing science. However, not engineering. “I have realised that engineering is not an awarding profession. Moreover, I want to break the myth that a non-medical students can only opt for engineering,” she said.
From medical stream, it was Raisin Saini, an excellent painter with fine arts as her additional subject who got 92.25%. “I have already got admission to University of South California, USA and will study neuroscience there,” said Saini.
Amandeep Kaur Grover, a student of commerce along with Akshay Jain from Sat Paul Mittal School topped commerce stream with 92.25%. Jain is also a table tennis player. Grover said she wants to clear IAS now.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
From Arts stream, Namit Anand with 86% scored top position. He said, “I want to become a criminal lawyer.” Asked for his success mantra, he said, “I studied a night before exams but that does not mean I am suggesting others to do that.”
From Sacred Heart Convent School, Jamalpur, in commerce Ishan Dureja topped scoring 92%. Harleen Waraich topped medical with 90.75%. Gurinderjeet Singh Grewal of non-medical topped with 89.25%.