On one hand there are regular advertisements of Punjab Government assuring people of continuous power supply, on the other, frequent regulations regarding power cut are giving them shock. Punjab industrialists got yet another shocker on Friday when Punjab state power corporation limited( PSPCL) issued fresh instructions that peak load hours restrictions have been increased from 3 hours to 12 hours.
Earlier peak hour restrictions was from 8p.m- 11p.m which now according to new notice has been increased from 8 pm to 8 am.
The business community had been paying extra bucks to get themselves exempted from peak load hours. However, with issuing of new instructions no company would be granted any exemption thereby cancelling the previous granted approvals.
Now, from 8 p.m to 8 a.m no industry could be in operation. The instructions under PSPCL notice are applicable to the industries falling under category 1, 2, 3 and 4 as well.
Its not only that the business class is suffering from prolong power but also the common man of the state. Past few days have witnessed frequent power cuts at night forcing people to look for other alternative source of power like generators.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
People are crying foul for government’s advertisement promising regular power supply whereas on ground they are forced to be awake in absence of electricity. A citizen Manjeet Singh Matharoo said ‘there is no light, so most of us are running units on generator sets. when after day’s work we go back home to relax, there is no power in night hours as well. This is ridiculous. We have no right even to have a sound sleep.”
Badish Jindal, another industrialist was agitated as well, he said, “why Government is giving full page advertisements of assured power supply in print media when they have no power. They are trying to befool us. In peak load restrictions they have included category 1- mixed land use industrialists, category 2 and 3- the ones in focal points and designated areas respectively and even category 4- those who have permission for uninterrupted power supply.”
He added, “Janta Nagar- mixed land use area in Ludhiana was facing unscheduled power cuts since morning and peak load restrictions would start from 8p.m- 8a.m. So when will the owner run his factory? Government should provide a solution.”
PSPCL authorities had stated on Thursday that power situation is likely to remain grim for 4-5 days majorly due to coal shortage.