The Lok Sabha candidates must make the entire declaration in an affidavit apart from filing the nomination papers. Deputy Commissioner Rajat Aggarwal clarified this to the representatives of political parties at a meeting held on Thursday.
He said it had been experienced in the past that candidates left the affidavits incomplete. If it happened this time, the candidate would be disqualified.
Aggarwal said that for any poll-related complaint, a toll-free number, 1800 1800 695, would remain operational for 24 hours and one could also complain on 1950 number of the Chief Election Commissioner.
Proper videotaping of the campaigns of candidates would be done to calculate the expenditure. Now the expenditure limit had been enhanced from Rs 40 lakh to Rs 70 lakh, he added.
He said that one could also reject all the candidates as the button would be there in the EVMs where NOTA would be mentioned.
Regarding the print material being used for campaigning, the DC said that a formal approval for the matter was a must from the district election officer and even printers were told to mention details like their address and name of company on the print material to avoid any action.
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
For the convenience of the masses, a special camp will be organised on March 9 by booth-level officers at all the polling booths of the respective areas. He appealed to the voters to get corrections, if any, done in the I-cards on that day.