The Lok Sabha candidates must make the entire declaration in an affidavit apart from filing the nomination papers. Deputy Commissioner Rajat Aggarwal clarified this to the representatives of political parties at a meeting held on Thursday.
He said it had been experienced in the past that candidates left the affidavits incomplete. If it happened this time, the candidate would be disqualified.
Aggarwal said that for any poll-related complaint, a toll-free number, 1800 1800 695, would remain operational for 24 hours and one could also complain on 1950 number of the Chief Election Commissioner.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Proper videotaping of the campaigns of candidates would be done to calculate the expenditure. Now the expenditure limit had been enhanced from Rs 40 lakh to Rs 70 lakh, he added.
He said that one could also reject all the candidates as the button would be there in the EVMs where NOTA would be mentioned.
Regarding the print material being used for campaigning, the DC said that a formal approval for the matter was a must from the district election officer and even printers were told to mention details like their address and name of company on the print material to avoid any action.
For the convenience of the masses, a special camp will be organised on March 9 by booth-level officers at all the polling booths of the respective areas. He appealed to the voters to get corrections, if any, done in the I-cards on that day.