Though Congress was in an upbeat mood to see the response from masses in the road show to welcome Congress candidate Ravneet Singh Bittu, however, it caused inconvenience to the masses as traffic jam continued for about 2 hours on Chandigarh road from where the convoy had to start for Ludhiana.
Two ambulances too remained stuck in between as enthusiastic workers were busy shouting slogans to welcome Bittu. Apart from this the convoy moved in the various congested parts of the city thus causing further traffic congestion.
Moreover there was no formal intimation to the traffic department as well about the heavy movement of traffic as indicated by ACP traffic Harjeet Singh, “We had no idea about the heavy traffic movement on Saturday, however, it was a moving traffic and we did not let commuters suffer much.”
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
Newsline when asked District electoral officer cum DC- Rajat Aggarwal he said, “For rallies, political parties do come to us for permissions, but for road shows, they just need to intimate the traffic police so that they can make alternative routes.”
The statements of traffic department as well as DC thus indicate that the political party had not inform the authorities in advance about the road show.
As Bittu paid homage to Martyrs Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru at Jagrain bridge, he moved towards Chaura Bazar and Ludhiana East areas where he was welcomed at various places.
City traffic was thus chocked from noon till late evening on Saturday as the road show continued till 6 pm before Bittu reached his party office in Sarabha Nagar.