Though Congress was in an upbeat mood to see the response from masses in the road show to welcome Congress candidate Ravneet Singh Bittu, however, it caused inconvenience to the masses as traffic jam continued for about 2 hours on Chandigarh road from where the convoy had to start for Ludhiana.
Two ambulances too remained stuck in between as enthusiastic workers were busy shouting slogans to welcome Bittu. Apart from this the convoy moved in the various congested parts of the city thus causing further traffic congestion.
Moreover there was no formal intimation to the traffic department as well about the heavy movement of traffic as indicated by ACP traffic Harjeet Singh, “We had no idea about the heavy traffic movement on Saturday, however, it was a moving traffic and we did not let commuters suffer much.”
Newsline when asked District electoral officer cum DC- Rajat Aggarwal he said, “For rallies, political parties do come to us for permissions, but for road shows, they just need to intimate the traffic police so that they can make alternative routes.”
The statements of traffic department as well as DC thus indicate that the political party had not inform the authorities in advance about the road show.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
As Bittu paid homage to Martyrs Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru at Jagrain bridge, he moved towards Chaura Bazar and Ludhiana East areas where he was welcomed at various places.
City traffic was thus chocked from noon till late evening on Saturday as the road show continued till 6 pm before Bittu reached his party office in Sarabha Nagar.