The Punjab and Haryana High Court has disposed of a petition filed by the Traders and Property Owners Association of Feroze Gandhi Market demanding control of the parking lot.
“As per the reply filed by respondents, it indicates that constant efforts are being made to remove the encroachments,” said Justice Mahesh Grover in his orders, dismissing the petition filed against the Ludhiana Municipal Corporation and parking contractor M/S Krishan Lal and Company. The association had knocked at the HC door after alleged reports of overcharging, encroachments and eve-teasing in the parking lot of Feroze Gandhi Market.
The court has also expressed satisfaction with the MC’s response that “it is looking into the representation made by the association asking for permission to manage the parking on their own”.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
Colonel Harjap Singh, a member of the association, however, said, “Eve teasing goes on unabated in our parking lot and we demand a separate parking lot for women who come here daily. We will continue our fight to ensure implementation of proper management in the parking lot.”
There is a heavy presence of banks and finance company offices, including the Ludhiana Stock Exchange, at the market, and thousands of women employees park vehicles here daily.