The Punjab and Haryana High Court has disposed of a petition filed by the Traders and Property Owners Association of Feroze Gandhi Market demanding control of the parking lot.
“As per the reply filed by respondents, it indicates that constant efforts are being made to remove the encroachments,” said Justice Mahesh Grover in his orders, dismissing the petition filed against the Ludhiana Municipal Corporation and parking contractor M/S Krishan Lal and Company. The association had knocked at the HC door after alleged reports of overcharging, encroachments and eve-teasing in the parking lot of Feroze Gandhi Market.
The court has also expressed satisfaction with the MC’s response that “it is looking into the representation made by the association asking for permission to manage the parking on their own”.
Colonel Harjap Singh, a member of the association, however, said, “Eve teasing goes on unabated in our parking lot and we demand a separate parking lot for women who come here daily. We will continue our fight to ensure implementation of proper management in the parking lot.”
There is a heavy presence of banks and finance company offices, including the Ludhiana Stock Exchange, at the market, and thousands of women employees park vehicles here daily.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More