Aware that Ludhiana is one of the most polluted cities of the world, the Lok Sabha candidates on Sunday adopted different ways to show their concern for pollution in the industrial city.
While Aam Aadmi Party candidate H S Phoolka has decided to ride a bicycle to file his nomination papers on Monday, Congress candidate Ravneet Singh Bittu held a meeting with Pakshi Sewa Samiti at Rakh Bagh on Sunday morning.
The AAP also distributed glasses of clean drinking water to the public on Sunday. Prabh Sahay Phoolka, daughter of H S Phoolka, said, “We distributed around 250 glasses of clean drinking water. Ludhiana has been grappling with the problem of pollution for long, and the greenery is hardly visible. It was our campaign ‘clean air, clean water and clean politics’ under which water was distributed.”
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
She added, “We have decided to use the cycle up to the DC office to file nomination papers. It is not only affordable for aam aadmi but also saves environment.”
The AAP distributed water in disposable glasses with tags of ‘Clean Air, Clean Water and Clean Politics’ on it. Also, the party symbol broom was printed on them. The AAP asked for votes for candidate H S Phoolka. The water was distributed in Sarabha Nagar and on Pakhowal road. “People of Ludhiana, especially those living near Buddha Nullah, do not get clean drinking water. If we are elected, we will work to get clean water for them,” he said.
Congress candidate Ravneet Singh Bittu reached Rakh Bagh on Sunday morning and offered food to the birds. He held a meeting with Pakshi Sewa Samiti, an organisation working for treatment of injured birds in the city.
Bittu said, “Ludhiana environment is so polluted that population of birds is decreasing fast. Birds are our national asset and I will work for their conservation if elected.”