The Punjab government is seriously contemplating supplying artefacts, biscuits and namkeen made by inmates of the Central Jail, Ludhiana, to government educational institutes and offices across the state.
This was stated by Jail Minister Sohan Singh Thandal during his recent visit to the Central Jail, Ludhiana, along with Additional Director General Police (Jails) Rajpal Meena.
Thandal said that at the Central Jail, Ludhiana, inmates prepare one quintal of biscuits of five varieties and more than 50 kg of namkeen every day in a bakery unit, established by the Jail Department at a cost of Rs 25 lakh. In this bakery unit, 50 inmates work in two shifts, one from 8 am to 2 pm and second from 2 pm to 8 pm.
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
- 24 Maoists Killed In Encounter In Odisha
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
He said technical training to the inmates was provided by the experts of hotel management of Lovely Professional University, Jalandhar. The inmates, who have undergone this one-month training in the bakery production, were imparting this skill to the other inmates. The bakery products prepared in this jail bakery had been further supplied to the other jails across the state, he added.
Thandal said as the demand for the jail projects was increasing day by day, the Jail Department had been working upon the idea to supply jail products to government educational institutes, offices and universities. The senior officers had already been instructed to prepare a comprehensive plan in this regard.
He said more than 70 inmates had also been imparted training by Guru Nanak Dev Engineering College, Ludhiana, in trades belonging to the welder, electrician, carpenter and plumber.