The Punjab government is seriously contemplating supplying artefacts, biscuits and namkeen made by inmates of the Central Jail, Ludhiana, to government educational institutes and offices across the state.
This was stated by Jail Minister Sohan Singh Thandal during his recent visit to the Central Jail, Ludhiana, along with Additional Director General Police (Jails) Rajpal Meena.
Thandal said that at the Central Jail, Ludhiana, inmates prepare one quintal of biscuits of five varieties and more than 50 kg of namkeen every day in a bakery unit, established by the Jail Department at a cost of Rs 25 lakh. In this bakery unit, 50 inmates work in two shifts, one from 8 am to 2 pm and second from 2 pm to 8 pm.
He said technical training to the inmates was provided by the experts of hotel management of Lovely Professional University, Jalandhar. The inmates, who have undergone this one-month training in the bakery production, were imparting this skill to the other inmates. The bakery products prepared in this jail bakery had been further supplied to the other jails across the state, he added.
Thandal said as the demand for the jail projects was increasing day by day, the Jail Department had been working upon the idea to supply jail products to government educational institutes, offices and universities. The senior officers had already been instructed to prepare a comprehensive plan in this regard.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
He said more than 70 inmates had also been imparted training by Guru Nanak Dev Engineering College, Ludhiana, in trades belonging to the welder, electrician, carpenter and plumber.