The Greater Ludhiana Area Development Authority (GLADA) will be auctioning the 8-acre land which houses the office of the canal and irrigation department on the main Ferozepur road on Tuesday.
The auction comes at a time when realtors are talking about a slump in the real estate business. GLADA has kept the reserve price of this land as Rs 415 crore and will be selling it as a single chunk for group housing project.
Additional Commissioner (Administrator) Kuldeep Singh confirmed the auction and said, “Out of the total area, 40% area will be developed as commercial and 60% as residential.”
The property is located opposite the mini-secretariat which is in the heart of the city and GLADA is expecting good response because of the strategic location of the property.
Offices of the irrigation and canal department were located in this area apart from a rest house. However, the buildings were declared unsafe and more than one-and-a-half-years back, the offices of these departments had been shifted to Dugri phase 1. The new office was made by GLADA only. After that the unsafe buildings had been demolished and now the department thought of auctioning it.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review