The ongoing tussle between labourers and food and civil supplies department on Wednesday culminated in firing at the food and civil supplies office in which one person was injured.
The injured has been identified as Jaspreet Singh and he was admitted to Deep Hospital.
Jaspreet blamed Paramdeep Singh and Jagrup Singh who had come from Samrala. Police registered an FIR against them.
On Wednesday, tenders for cartilage of wheat had to be opened and there were two groups of labourers in the office. While one group wanted the tenders to be opened, the other led by Paramdeep and Jagrup protested against it. A few days back as well, they had lodged their protest when tenders were filed and labourers had threatened that they would not let the tenders to be opened.
SHO Harminder Singh, when contacted, confirmed the incident and stated that they were yet to arrest the culprits. Though arms had to be deposited at respective police stations, the incident has highlighted the loopholes.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
However, the SHO stated that the accused were from Samrala which falls in Fatehgarh Sahib constituency and hence he could not comment on the availability of weapons.