A major tragedy was averted in the Government Senior Secondary School in Jalandhar’s Basti Danishmanda as the EDUSAT room caught fire Wednesday afternoon. It was a narrow escape for around 300 students present in the school. However, equipment worth lakhs was gutted into fire.The blaze is said to have caught due to a short circuit.
Watch What Else Is Making News
“All of the students had just attended their classes in the EDUSAT room and went to attend other periods. The students present in the classroom next to the EDUSAT lab saw smoke billowing out from the lab. We immediately shifted all the students to the middle school nearby. Fire extinguishers were pressed into service to douse the fire,” said school principal Rekha Rani.
For all the latest India News, download Indian Express App now