A major tragedy was averted on Friday morning when fire broke out in the congested Chaura Bazar. Five kiosks selling garments and electronics were gutted while only one could be saved.
The fire broke out about 7.40 am, but it was controlled by 11.30 am. Short circuit was cited as the reason for this fire which spread in the kiosks located adjacent to the Kotwali police station.
The loss is expected to be in lakhs, but no casualty was reported.
A similar fire incident had happened at the same spot about seven-eight years back in which more than 10 kiosks had been burnt to ashes. It was also an early morning fire and again short circuit was the reason.
Best of Express
PHOTOS- Femme Fatale: Kareena, Alia, Sonam, Jacqueline, Sunny Leone's award style