A day after no representative appeared from Bal Bharti Public School despite repeated reminders from the deputy commissioner’s office, a team of officials from the district education office went to inspect the school.
A group of parents from four private schools on Thursday had met Deputy Commissioner Rajat Aggarwal and alleged that the “school has hiked fee beyond a level” and “children are being harassed with various methods”.
The parents alleged that the school was writing “fee defaulter” remark on answer sheets and giving punishment to students for not paying fee. Inderpal Singh Cheema, a parent, said that even during inspection, principal and teacher accompanied the team to classrooms which was unfair. “How will a student speak against teacher and principal in front of them? Not a single parent was allowed inside while teacher and principal went inside each classroom with the team,” said Cheema.
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
However, Deputy DEO Gurjot Singh told Newsline, “Some students said that there are few problems while some denied as well. School accepted that ‘fee defaulter’ remark was written on their sheets but it was of some test, not exam. Still they have been told not to do so. But we have found no proof of harassment which parents alleged. The admission fee hike remains a major issue which will be resolved after some senior board management members of school come back from Delhi and meet us on Monday. We are trying to get the charges reduced.”
The team videotaped the whole proceedings on Friday to show it to the deputy commissioner. The DC on Thursday had ordered action against Bal Bharti Public School after they failed to produce records of fee hike in the DC office and no one turned up for table talk with the parents. The DC has given time till Monday to Sacred Heart Convent School, Bhattiyan, and Sacred Heart Convent School, Jamalpur, to solve the issue of high fee with the parents, or else face the action. A meeting will be held of school representatives and the deputy commissioner to review the issue on Monday.