A day after no representative appeared from Bal Bharti Public School despite repeated reminders from the deputy commissioner’s office, a team of officials from the district education office went to inspect the school.
A group of parents from four private schools on Thursday had met Deputy Commissioner Rajat Aggarwal and alleged that the “school has hiked fee beyond a level” and “children are being harassed with various methods”.
The parents alleged that the school was writing “fee defaulter” remark on answer sheets and giving punishment to students for not paying fee. Inderpal Singh Cheema, a parent, said that even during inspection, principal and teacher accompanied the team to classrooms which was unfair. “How will a student speak against teacher and principal in front of them? Not a single parent was allowed inside while teacher and principal went inside each classroom with the team,” said Cheema.
However, Deputy DEO Gurjot Singh told Newsline, “Some students said that there are few problems while some denied as well. School accepted that ‘fee defaulter’ remark was written on their sheets but it was of some test, not exam. Still they have been told not to do so. But we have found no proof of harassment which parents alleged. The admission fee hike remains a major issue which will be resolved after some senior board management members of school come back from Delhi and meet us on Monday. We are trying to get the charges reduced.”
The team videotaped the whole proceedings on Friday to show it to the deputy commissioner. The DC on Thursday had ordered action against Bal Bharti Public School after they failed to produce records of fee hike in the DC office and no one turned up for table talk with the parents. The DC has given time till Monday to Sacred Heart Convent School, Bhattiyan, and Sacred Heart Convent School, Jamalpur, to solve the issue of high fee with the parents, or else face the action. A meeting will be held of school representatives and the deputy commissioner to review the issue on Monday.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review