Major initiatives were planned and discussed during a meeting of the Financial and Contractual Committee (F&CC) held at the Mayor’s camp office on Thursday.
While more than 250 items of developmental works for the city worth more than Rs 150 crore were passed, some major initiatives which will be taken by MC in the coming year were also discussed.
However, violating the Punjab Municipal Act, the meeting was held without two councillor members. Since the formation of new house in 2012, two councillor members have not been elected due to lack of consensus among the ruling SAD-BJP and opposition Congress.
Mayor Harcharan Singh Gohalwaria, senior deputy mayor Sunita Aggarwal and deputy mayor R D Sharma are the ex-officio members of the committee but the election of two councillor members is also mandatory.
Among the major reforms passed on Thursday was the working of a new telecom policy for 4G service providers, blacklisting of three contractors for irregular and faulty payments in outdoor advertising and permission for turning the parking of four areas in the city into paid parking.
On the election of two councillors to the committee, Mayor Gohalwaria said, “We are hopeful of electing the two members in the next house meeting on February 21.”
Additional Commissioner Isha Kalia said, “We have decided to blacklist the faulty contractors and also a new committee of three members has been formed for deciding the rates to be charged from people who dig roads to put up tents. Now MC will act tough against them.”
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
She added, “We have begun work on a new telecom policy and interested service providers can now apply for 4G services.”
- Approval to the working of a new telecom policy for 4G service providers who will be able to apply for providing the services
- Three contractors — Gypsy, Lacoste and Balaji — to be blacklisted for delay in works in outdoor advertising
- Permission granted for formation of 25 new Verka booths in city
- Liquor vends on MC land granted permission. Asked to pay fee of Rs 8.5 lakh per vend in next 7 days
- MC to introduce a van and ambulance for stray dog menace
- Permission granted for turning parking lots in Sarabha Nagar, Ghumar Mandi, I-block and Malhar road into paid ones
- All roundabouts in city to be handed over to industries under CSR (corporate social responsibility) and to be made designer
- Now one has to pay fee for putting tent on roads. Committee formed to decide the rates
- Permission granted for new Verka milk booths to be set up in 35 parks
- Online database of all MC properties to be prepared