Fardikot residents began a signature campaign on Tuesday demanding action against SAD leaders and others who were allegedly responsible for the deaths of a family of four. Last month, Jagtar Singh, his wife and two daughters drowned in the Rajasthan feeder canal. Police said a suicide note allegedly written by Jagtar held his neighbour, two SAD leaders and municipal council employees responsible for their deaths.
Although the neighbour, Lal Singh and family, were arrested, the names of the SAD leaders – Jarnail Singh and Harjit Singh – were not included in the FIR. An action committee under the banner Khudkushi Kand (suicide incident) decided to protest the lack of action against the others mentioned in the the suicide note. Shavinder Pal Singh Sandhu, a member of the committee, said “The mentioned persons were not even named in the FIR, despite their names being clearly mentioned in the suicide note, which was signed by all four members of family who jumped in the canal.”
The public is being implored to sign the campaign on hoardings displayed in the city. Mandeep Kaur (33), Jagtar’s daughter who was not at home at the time of the incident, said she was yet to receive the Rs 10 lakh compensation, which was announced by the state .
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Karandeep Singh, another action committee member, said, “It seems that police is protecting the SAD leaders. We will meet the police after few days along with the signatures and hopefully things will move ahead.” SSP Darshan Singh said that an inquiry committee was investigating the matter.