Parents of an eight-year-old girl have alleged that they are being harassed as they got the landlord booked for sexually abusing their daughter.
The incident happened on May 5 in Guru Nanak Colony, Dugri, where the family lived on rent. According to the father of the minor, who is a school van driver, he had taken his daughter to school about 7 am and had dropped her back at home in the afternoon. But his wife called him up around 3 pm and said that her daughter had told her that landlord Kuljit Singh had tried to rape the girl in the morning when she was sitting on the terrace of the first floor and was waiting for her father to take her to school.
Though the police registered an FIR and arrested Kuljit, the family alleged that they were being forced for a compromise. The family also said that they were turned out of the house after this incident by the landlord’s family and were not even allowed to take their belongings. However, the Dugri SHO said that he had sent a head constable along with the family to collect their belongings from the house, but they had reached very late. He added, “We will get the things picked from the house in the presence of police security.” He expressed ignorance of the compromise efforts if any.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations