For the first time, SAD has two Presidents for Ludhiana Urban. The party has divided Ludhiana Urban’s six constituencies as per the vote bank among two Presidents. Likewise Madan Lal Bagga is the President of Urban-1 with constituencies North, central and west while Harbhajan Singh Dang is President of Urban-2 with constituencies — East, South and Atam Nagar.
SAD appointed two Presidents as per the vote bank as Urban 1 has more Hindu votes. Hence, a Hindu face has been appointed while in constituencies with more Sikh voters, a Sikh leader has been appointed.
Bagga confirming the same said, “Earlier Ludhiana had three constituencies but after de-limitation, more constituencies were added.” Bagga, who was previously the vice-chairman of Trade board, said, “I am acustomed to the problems of industrialists and in my area of the people are industrialists. It becomes easy for me to see to their problems.” Dang too wants to increase his vote bank.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
In both Lok Sabha and Vidhan Sabha elections, SAD performed badly in Ludhiana city. Of the six constituencies in the city, SAD has only one. Two are with Independent candidates and the rest are with Congress. Even in the Lok Sabha election, SAD finished at 3rd place.