Protesting against the amendments made to the tripartite agreement by the Punjab government by extending retirement age of the CMD, Punjab State Power Corporation Limited, from 62 years to 65 years, Baldev Singh, president of the Punjab State Electricity Board Employees’ Association, said engineers of the department would be switching off their mobile phones from 3 pm to 6 pm on April 2, 9 and 16.
They would be sitting on a protest dharna at PSPCL head office, Patiala, on April 25.
Film released in Ishmeet’s memory
LUDHIANA: Budding singer and winner of Star Voice of India Ishmeet Singh, 20, passed away in Maldives in 2008. Keeping his memories alive, his father Gurpinder Singh, under the banner of Ishmeet Films, released movie Satguru Tumre Kaaj Saware on Thursday.
A telefilm in Punjabi, the movie gives out the message to have faith in God.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
The movie will also be screened in Canada, New Zealand and the UK. Talking to Newsline, Gurpinder Singh, who is also one of the 24 actors in the film, said, “The title of the movie is the same as the title of Ishmeet’s first album.
The verses recorded in his voice have been used as music in the film.” It is a family drama and the premiere will be held in Ludhiana. ens