The Punjab government will organise an ‘Employment Fair’ in Government High School, Mundian Kalan area (main Chandigarh Road) on April 18. Punjab Irrigation Minister Sharanjit Singh Dhillon said that the Employment Fair would be organised under the supervision of District Administration, and more than 40 companies would recruit more than 700 youth. Dhillon added that around 3,000 youth are expected to attend the fair.
While holding a meeting in this regard at Circuit House, here, Sharanjit Singh Dhillon took stock of the situation and issued necessary directions in this regard.
- Shantanu Bhowmick's murder another sickening assault on freedom of expression: Amnesty
- Gurdaspur bypoll: Jakhar, Salaria file nominations
- Breaking Down News: Almost Bourne Identity
- CAB XI to play Manipur in October
- Toby Roland-Jones to miss rest of the season through injury
- Rohingya crisis: Bangladesh frees Myanmar photographers
Providing further information, Dhillon said that 40 different companies from different parts of the state would set up stalls and issue appointment letters to more than 700 youth after interviewing. He added that the special thing about the fair is that people with not much qualification can also participate. The companies would recruit as per job requirement.
Chamber of Industrial Commercial Undertakings would also assist the district administration in the fair.