The dress rehearsal for the Republic Day function was held at Guru Nanak Stadium on Friday.
Earlier, the function was supposed to be organised at SCD Government College. However, on Friday, the administration changed the venue to Guru Nanak Stadium due to inclement weather.
The city had received heavy rainfall two days back. Therefore, the venue was shifted.
Even on the Independence Day, the function as well the venue had to be shifted to the Guru Nanak Stadium at the last minute because of heavy rainfall on the intervening night of August 14 and 15.
The Police Commissioner inspected the parade on Friday. On January 26, however, Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal will inspect the parade and hoist the flag.
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation