The State Excise and Taxation Department is all set for a draw of lots to be conducted across the state on March 22. In Ludhiana, the draw will be for 60 groups of liquor units against 44 units of previous years. The revenue target has been increased to Rs 710 crore against Rs 556 crore last year.
Deputy Excise and Taxation Commissioner Amrit Kaur Gill said that while the minimum revenue target for a rural liquor unit is Rs 6 crore, for a urban liquor unit, it is Rs 15 crore. Though the number of groups has been increased from 44 to 60, there is no increase in the total number of liquor vends as earlier within the MC limits, one group had about 22 liquor vends which has been reduced to 12 only, so is the case in rural as well as sub-urban areas.
One liquor unit will have vends ranging from 8-15, depending upon the location. The last date for taking applications was March 14. A total of 10,399 applications have been received against 10,382 applications of previous year. The fee collected from form submission was Rs 64 crore which was a little less as compared to previous year because in many groups, the number of liquor vends has been reduced. The fee for one form ranges from Rs 25,000-70,000, say the excise authorities.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Last year, Ponty group and Malhotra group had taken most of the liquor vends through draw of lots as they had filed the maximum number of applications. Even this year both the groups are participating in Ludhiana, Rajasthan and Haryana as well.