The State Excise and Taxation Department is all set for a draw of lots to be conducted across the state on March 22. In Ludhiana, the draw will be for 60 groups of liquor units against 44 units of previous years. The revenue target has been increased to Rs 710 crore against Rs 556 crore last year.
Deputy Excise and Taxation Commissioner Amrit Kaur Gill said that while the minimum revenue target for a rural liquor unit is Rs 6 crore, for a urban liquor unit, it is Rs 15 crore. Though the number of groups has been increased from 44 to 60, there is no increase in the total number of liquor vends as earlier within the MC limits, one group had about 22 liquor vends which has been reduced to 12 only, so is the case in rural as well as sub-urban areas.
One liquor unit will have vends ranging from 8-15, depending upon the location. The last date for taking applications was March 14. A total of 10,399 applications have been received against 10,382 applications of previous year. The fee collected from form submission was Rs 64 crore which was a little less as compared to previous year because in many groups, the number of liquor vends has been reduced. The fee for one form ranges from Rs 25,000-70,000, say the excise authorities.
Last year, Ponty group and Malhotra group had taken most of the liquor vends through draw of lots as they had filed the maximum number of applications. Even this year both the groups are participating in Ludhiana, Rajasthan and Haryana as well.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review