In Monday’s operation conducted by the Vigilance Bureau (VB), dhabha owner Surinder Pal was arrested. Now it has come out that he was acting as an agent for a few CIA employees.
On Monday, a VB team had caught Sub-Inspector Darbara Singh of CIA staff and Surinder Pal, owner of Pandit Da Dhabha located near the CIA office, on charges of corruption while Head Constable Kanwaljit Singh ran away.
The VB officials acted on the complaint of one Jagjit Kaur of Shimlapuri whose son Jassi was caught in a case of mobile theft. Kaur said that she had requested the police not to beat his son and release him early for which a bribe of Rs 15,000 was sought by Kanwaljit Singh. Kaur had already paid Rs 10,000 and the rest was to be paid on Monday.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
On Monday when Kaur came to give the money, she was told to go to Pandit Da Dhabha where Darbara Singh was sitting. But he himself did not take the money and instead told the woman to give the money to Surinder Pal. While Kaur was giving money, the VB officials reached the spot and arrested Surinder as well as Darbara. Kanwaljit Singh was in the office at that time and ran away quickly.
Police have booked all three of them on charges of corruption. SSP (vigilance) Satinder Singh said that the dhabha owner was acting as an agent for money collection and the VB will be finding more details during investigation.