Even as his rivals are busy campaigning in Ludhiana, Union Information and Broadcasting Minister and sitting MP from Ludhiana, Manish Tewari has been absent so far. He will start his Lok Sabha campaign after the completion of the selection process of the candidates for the upcoming parliamentary election, according to sources.
Explaining Tewari’s absence from the constituency, Ludhiana District Congress Committee (urban) president Pawan Dewan said, “Tewari could not come to Ludhiana since he is busy with the selection of candidates from across the country and will be available once the selection process is complete. People understand that besides being an MP from Ludhiana, Tewari is also a minister, a spokesman and a senior leader of the party who is involved in a lot of party work as well”, Dewan said.
Dewan, was thus giving explanation to Tewari’s absence from the constituency which was the main election agenda of rival SAD candidate Manpreet Ayali. Earlier, Dewan had said that Tewari will come after March 12, once the list of candidates are out. Taking a dig at his opponents, Dewan said, those who are questioning Tewari’s absence should better realise that he has been already here for the last 10 years. “Unlike some seasonal birds who are seen only during elections,” he said, adding, that he has already covered all the villages and wards twice during the last five years. However, Ayali remarked, “Tewari is an MP chosen by Ludhianavis who has his Delhi address as permanent address on his passport.”
However, the Ludhiana District president said, Tewari does not need any introduction as people know him well. “They also understand that besides being an MP from Ludhiana, Tewari is also a minister, a spokesman and a senior leader of the party who is involved in lot of other party work,” Dewan said.
Meanwhile, few had protested outside the Congress Bhawan questioning Tewari’s absence.
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews