Minister of State for Information and Broadcasting Manish Tewari on Monday said the SAD-BJP government was not only discriminating against Ludhiana, a city of 30 lakh people, but also taking away the money from it and diverting it to Bathinda.
Talking to people from different areas, particularly the Ludhiana South, Atam Nagar and Central constituencies who were discussing their problems related to civic amenities, Tewari regretted that the Akalis were trying to settle scores with the people of Ludhiana just because they had not voted for them (the Akalis) during the last Assembly elections.
He said he was told that the state government had either already diverted funds meant for Ludhiana’s development to Bathinda or was planning to do so in the immediate future. “I am not against developing Bathinda, but I am certainly against developing it at the cost of Ludhiana,” he added.
The minister said the potholes in the city roads had not been repaired for years together just because the Akalis want to prove a point that if people do not vote for them, they would be victimised by way of discrimination in development.
He said even the Central government projects that he had managed to get for Ludhiana like cleaning of the Buddha Nullah were not allowed to take off just because Akalis feared that he might get the credit.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More