Minister of State for Information and Broadcasting Manish Tewari on Monday said the SAD-BJP government was not only discriminating against Ludhiana, a city of 30 lakh people, but also taking away the money from it and diverting it to Bathinda.
Talking to people from different areas, particularly the Ludhiana South, Atam Nagar and Central constituencies who were discussing their problems related to civic amenities, Tewari regretted that the Akalis were trying to settle scores with the people of Ludhiana just because they had not voted for them (the Akalis) during the last Assembly elections.
He said he was told that the state government had either already diverted funds meant for Ludhiana’s development to Bathinda or was planning to do so in the immediate future. “I am not against developing Bathinda, but I am certainly against developing it at the cost of Ludhiana,” he added.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
The minister said the potholes in the city roads had not been repaired for years together just because the Akalis want to prove a point that if people do not vote for them, they would be victimised by way of discrimination in development.
He said even the Central government projects that he had managed to get for Ludhiana like cleaning of the Buddha Nullah were not allowed to take off just because Akalis feared that he might get the credit.