In a suspected case of honour killing, Ludhiana Deputy Mayor and BJP leader R D Sharma on Tuesday was booked in a case of murder of a youth. Reportedly, the victim was in a relationship with Sharma’s younger daughter and the family was against it.
As per an FIR registered by the police, Sharma along with his relatives and unidentified accomplices have been booked by the railway police for allegedly killing the 21-year-old youth, whom he suspected of having an affair with his daughter.
The other accused are Ajitpal Singh and Ami. Two of the accused are yet to be identified.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The case has been registered following the statement of Resham Singh of Model Colony of Salem Tabri area. In his complaint, Resham stated that he along with his brother Gagandeep Singh, 21, was going on their motorcycle to a gym on Monday night. As they reached near Monti Wali Gali, his brother stopped to relieve himself when two unidentified accused stopped him and attacked him with a baseball bat and sharp-edged weapons.
Gagandeep succumbed to injuries on his way to hospital. The police registered a case under sections 302 and 34 of the IPC. SHO Baldev Singh Randhawa from Salem Tabri railway police station said, “We are yet to arrest any of the accused. The investigation is on and action will be taken accordingly.”
‘I am completely innocent’
Deputy Mayor R D Sharma told Ludhiana Newsline, “I am completely innocent and in no way my daughter was related to the victim. In reality, he was a criminal and various cases are registered against him. We don’t know who has killed the boy but it is a complete conspiracy in which I have been falsely booked with a motive to take revenge.”
“The victim is from my ward and he and his brother are criminals. We used to raise our voice against their criminal activities and thus we have been framed,” he added.