In a suspected case of honour killing, Ludhiana Deputy Mayor and BJP leader R D Sharma on Tuesday was booked in a case of murder of a youth. Reportedly, the victim was in a relationship with Sharma’s younger daughter and the family was against it.
As per an FIR registered by the police, Sharma along with his relatives and unidentified accomplices have been booked by the railway police for allegedly killing the 21-year-old youth, whom he suspected of having an affair with his daughter.
The other accused are Ajitpal Singh and Ami. Two of the accused are yet to be identified.
The case has been registered following the statement of Resham Singh of Model Colony of Salem Tabri area. In his complaint, Resham stated that he along with his brother Gagandeep Singh, 21, was going on their motorcycle to a gym on Monday night. As they reached near Monti Wali Gali, his brother stopped to relieve himself when two unidentified accused stopped him and attacked him with a baseball bat and sharp-edged weapons.
Gagandeep succumbed to injuries on his way to hospital. The police registered a case under sections 302 and 34 of the IPC. SHO Baldev Singh Randhawa from Salem Tabri railway police station said, “We are yet to arrest any of the accused. The investigation is on and action will be taken accordingly.”
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
‘I am completely innocent’
Deputy Mayor R D Sharma told Ludhiana Newsline, “I am completely innocent and in no way my daughter was related to the victim. In reality, he was a criminal and various cases are registered against him. We don’t know who has killed the boy but it is a complete conspiracy in which I have been falsely booked with a motive to take revenge.”
“The victim is from my ward and he and his brother are criminals. We used to raise our voice against their criminal activities and thus we have been framed,” he added.