Deputy Commissioner Rajat Aggarwal on Monday conducted surprise inspection at government schools in Samrala sub-division.
Visiting almost seven schools, the DC not only held special interaction with students, but he also quizzed the teachers to check their general knowledge and mathematics.
Later, he tasted the midday meal and issued orders for some changes. “At Lall Kalan village, the midday meal food was too spicy and when DC tasted it, he asked how primary schoolchildren are coping up with such spicy food. The staff was ordered to make it less spicy,” a source told Newsline.
At the school of Neelon Kalan village, the headmistress had not marked her attendance for a few days. On Monday when she tried to mark late attendance in front of the DC, she was given a warning to be regular.
“DC also saw that the students were very less at Neelon Kalan school and he ordered staff to ensure that all villagers send their children to school,” said the source.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Sports facilities were found lacking at the primary and high schools at Lall Kalan village. “Despite the schools having funds for sports, they were not being utilised and schools were giving only one football for students to play. Now they have been ordered to provide hockey sticks, bats and other sports kits,” said a staff member of the school.
Aggarwal also quizzed government school teachers on general knowledge and asked questions like “which gas has maximum composition in air and which are neighbouring countries of India”.
“Students were able to answer the majority of questions but some teachers did not give right answers,” said a source from the school.
A visit to government-run veterinary hospital at Mehdooda village found vet doctor and pharmacist missing from duty and the DC ordered action against both.