On the lines of cancer patients, even drug addicts should also be empanelled in private hospitals to get them treated. This can facilitate them and they can go to the nearest hospital, instead of coming to de-addiction centres.
This was suggested by Deputy Commissioner Rajat Aggarwal at a meeting of the special team to study the problems of addicts and their solutions at Circuit House on Thursday. Sameer Kumar, secretary (home department), IG (litigation) B K Uppal and many others had come along with that team.
The team went to see de-addiction centres in Jagraon and few other places and stated that they would be staying in Ludhiana till the completion of the study.
The team would prepare a report on the number of de-addiction centres in the city, their condition and needs. Focus would be on how to rehabilitate the addicts, said Kumar.
He said suggestions would be given that any person booked under the NDPS Act when released on bail should be sent to de-addiction centre for rehabilitation. They sought complete record of de-addiction centres, addicts from civil surgeon Subash Batta.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More