A day after polling, the candidates fighting the Lok Sabha polls preferred privacy than public glare. While Congress candidate Ravneet Singh Bittu and Independent candidate Simarjit Singh Bains remained unreachable with their whereabouts not known, AAP candidate H S Phoolka went to Patiala to meet Dharamvir Gandhi who was attacked by SAD supporters on Wednesday.
SAD candidate Manpreet Singh Ayali, however, remained in the city, attending calls and people who came to meet him. He also spent some family time and went to the railway station early in the morning to see off his son for a school trip. Later, he was at his home at Ayali village.
Despite repeated attempts, Independent candidate Bains, who termed himself a “true localite and 24×7 MP” in his manifesto, could not be contacted. Sources said Bains was off to Chandigarh for some work.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
Phoolka also made a public appearance in Patiala in favour of AAP Patiala candidate Gandhi.
Bittu, talking to Newsline on Thursday evening, said, “I was in the sleep mode throughout the day. Also, I went out for some time to CMCH to see Congress worker who was attacked by Akalis in Jodhewal Basti last night.”
Asked if he would be in the city now onwards, he said, “I have to move to Chandigarh and Delhi for work but will spend maximum days in Ludhiana only.”