A day after polling, the candidates fighting the Lok Sabha polls preferred privacy than public glare. While Congress candidate Ravneet Singh Bittu and Independent candidate Simarjit Singh Bains remained unreachable with their whereabouts not known, AAP candidate H S Phoolka went to Patiala to meet Dharamvir Gandhi who was attacked by SAD supporters on Wednesday.
SAD candidate Manpreet Singh Ayali, however, remained in the city, attending calls and people who came to meet him. He also spent some family time and went to the railway station early in the morning to see off his son for a school trip. Later, he was at his home at Ayali village.
Despite repeated attempts, Independent candidate Bains, who termed himself a “true localite and 24×7 MP” in his manifesto, could not be contacted. Sources said Bains was off to Chandigarh for some work.
Phoolka also made a public appearance in Patiala in favour of AAP Patiala candidate Gandhi.
Bittu, talking to Newsline on Thursday evening, said, “I was in the sleep mode throughout the day. Also, I went out for some time to CMCH to see Congress worker who was attacked by Akalis in Jodhewal Basti last night.”
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
Asked if he would be in the city now onwards, he said, “I have to move to Chandigarh and Delhi for work but will spend maximum days in Ludhiana only.”