Call it an irony or Congress’ doublespeak that a day after accusing Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal of encroaching rights of councillors, Ludhiana MP and Union minister of Information and Broadcasting Manish Tewari inaugurated road projects in ward number 27 of councillor Hemraj Aggarwal.
On Saturday Chief Minister Badal had laid foundation stone of water and sewerage projects worth Rs 28 crore in ward number 7, 8 and 10. The step was not only criticised by the independent councillors of ward number 7 and 8 but also Tewari who termed it as ‘encroachment’ of councillor’s rights.
Tewari taking a dig at the Chief Minister had said, “Ludhiana does not need a Chief Minister to lay foundation stone of small roads. This job can be done by local councillors. CM should give attention to other pressing issues of the city. The CM is snatching away the privileges and prerogatives of local councillors.”
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Tewari added that ‘mere symbolic acts of foundation laying ceremonies are not going to solve the problems of the city residents.’ On Sunday Tewari inaugurated road project works in Haibowal, ward number 27 belonging to leader of opposition in Ludhiana MC, Hemraj Aggarwal.
Talking to Newsline Aggarwal said, “The work of roads from Haibowal main road to Durgapuri temple is worth Rs 44 lakh and will start from Monday. On Sunday MP Tewari inaugurated the works.”
Asked about Tewari’s remarks on CM encroaching councillor’s rights, Aggarwal said, “In case of CM, the independent councillors were against him but in Congress, our leaders always take councillors in confidence. It is the work of councillors but I have no issues as my presence was fully acknowledged.”
Meanwhile, Daljit Singh Bhola and Gurpreet Gora from ward number 7 and 8 raised strong objections on CM inaugurating the projects in their ward without even inviting them. “When Rahul Gandhi does not invite CM he calls it disrespect, then why he failed to invite independent councillors while laying stone in our own ward. It is we who are elected by people here,” said Bhola and Gora.