To implement the suggestion of Prime Minister Narendra Modi to make Sunday a cycle day, the ‘Life cycle rally’ was organised in the city.
Mayor Harcharan Singh Gohalwaria and Municipal Corporation Comissioner G K Singh Dhaliwal flagged off the 16-km rally, which had Deputy Commissioner (DC) Rajat Aggarwal, Additional Commissioner Administrator (ACA) GLADA, Kuldeep Singh, and many other government officials participating in it.
- Bengal panchayat polls: Free, fair polls can’t be held in such circumstances, says Biman Bose
- Ram Navami violence: Has Ram ever asked anyone to take out rally with weapons, asks Mamata Banerjee
- Bicycle-friendly Chandigarh by July 2018
- New rules for Chandigarh MC staff: Cycle your way to work on Wednesdays
- Pune: Cycle rally with ‘Save Fuel’ message
- Cycle rally in Ludhiana on Sunday
While G K Singh said that dedicated cycle lanes would be made in Rakh Bagh, apart from few other areas, the DC suggested that such rallies should be a fortnightly or monthly event to promote cycling among the city residents.
The rally, organised by Hero Cycles and the district administration and executed by Sports 13, also had yoga, meditation, aerobics and dance performances.